Posted on May 15, 2019 by ACT Writers Centre
Are you passionate about literature and all things writing? Do you have experience in communications, marketing & design? The ACT Writers Centre is currently seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager to cover a period of maternity leave.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and have a creative and imaginative approach to content production, as well as excellent organisational and communication skills. The applicant should possess strong skills in writing, editing, marketing, PR, website design and social media, and experience in WordPress and the Adobe suite. Experience in graphic design, publications, sponsorship and/or fundraising is desirable.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who would like to join a small dynamic team, who possesses a love of literature, arts and a desire to support and promote the ACT’s writing sector.
Remuneration:24 hrs/wk, $74,200 (pro rata to $46,800)
Duration:6 months with possible extension
Responsible to:ACT Writers Centre Director
Closing Date:17 May 2019
- Manage social media content including developing innovative news and story ideas and delivery methods to drive engagement across the Centre’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram platforms
- Manage biannual magazine content and production including developing timeline and budget, sourcing stories and images and liaising with the designer and printers
- Manage fortnightly ‘e-news’ newsletter development and distribution, including writing and developing stories which drive engagement
- Manage website content to ensure it reflects current ACTWC priorities
- Regularly monitor and summarise engagement data/analytics from social media, e-news and website
- Manage program announcements (includes producing and distributing press releases) and drive interest and sales across the full range of ACT Writers Centre activities
- Prepare promotional material to promote the Centre’s programs through appropriate media (e.g. The Canberra Times, City News, BMA, Daily Capital website, Artsound radio etc) and other channels
- Support the production of key corporate documentation, including the annual report and funding support material as required
- Actively seek income through advertising and develop innovative means of fundraising for the Centre
- Manage editorial content for the ACT Writers Centre blog, including administering our Blogger in Residence program
- Provide event support and assistance
- Other duties as required.
- High level communication skills, particularly in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and resourcefully develop content and media approaches to drive engagement.
- Demonstrated success in prior PR and Communications roles.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and willing to work with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience using WordPress, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience organising/managing events preferred.
- Knowledge of/passion for writers and the writing/publishing industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter which responds to the selection criteria (max two pages) and supply a current CV (max two pages) to email@example.com by 17 May 2019.